Apologise again for the recent lack in blogging, I am glad that I am still getting 100 views a day from my older content and I am reaching so many people on a daily occurrence. I have also managed to get cesidalessio.com so it is now more seamless when you are coming to the site to read and it is also my Hub of contact and outreach.
So today, I thought I would start by going through some services on-line of productivity that I wouldn't be able to live without and that make my life so much more refined and organised.
I have been using Evernote now for many years. In summary Evernote allows you to store notes. These notes can be anything and I would like to explain overall what I use the service for and how I have seen it be used.
I use Evernote to add notes for the following features of my Life:
- School - Class notes, Whiteboard snapshots, Paper Camera, Collating web clips, videos, links to my subject specific notebooks
- Events - I manage to have a chuck filled day of activities. I use Evernote to set tasks to my day and also list events and meetings.
- Blogging - It collect all my links and image URLs if used to this also I make ideas from here.
- Loads more - There are loads more different ways I am using Evernote however I am re-discovering the service after losing my password in the hacking scenario.
2. Google Drive
Google has been my basis service for the majority of my productivity since a early age.
I have been using the Docs since 2007. It has been a vital part of how I process word documents for school, extra activities I do and other random needs to word process.
It is really easy to use and has too many benefits over Microsoft Word, I can't even count. So why is it better than Microsoft Word? What does it offer more?
- Cloud Jump-in - I start writing a document at home on my PC, need to go to school for a lesson. After the lesson, I decided to keep going on my document on one of the school computers. It's all there, all available and ready to use as soon as possible.
- Auto-Save - One simple feature that is very useful especially when writing long essays is the auto-save feature. It also has Revision History so that you can see what was edited when?
- It's Free - The service works in the same way as Word and is totally free up to 5GB of free storage which is plenty even for myself who has been using it for over 5 years now. Microsoft Word is £109.99...
These are the two I wanted to highlight for newbies, people who want to organise their day and life. There are loads more options however these are some proven ones that I highly recommend.